Thursday, February 24, 2011

We get no snow all winter...

Then the day before we're to fly out, there's snow. Yikes! But we're doing like good Portland-ers and riding the train to the airport, so there should be no problem getting to our 11:18am flight tomorrow.

We're all packed, critical decisions made about itinerary, clothes, umbrella/no umbrella, and... cameras. I'm reigning in my ego and bowing to a simpler trip by not taking my SLR/Lenses/Batteries/chargers etc, and using our new Canon G12, a mighty fine tricked out point and shoot. I'm sure there will be times that I regret this decision, but, many more times that I'm grateful to be light on my feet, and less of a target for less fortunates. 

I did get myself a dandy new little net book for photo processing/backup and web access. Bumped up the memory, tweaked it here and there. Downloading some movies and books on tape for the long plane rides tomorrow. 

Btw - my Skype handle is redebeccamama if you want to hook up!

Brit is very excited about our arrival, though not as excited it seems as his kindergarten students. They can't quite pronounce his name, so evidently the dialog is going something like this since he told them about us coming - Mr. Bitch! Mr. Bitch! When your mother coming?! Mr. Bitch! Mr. Bitch! Hilarious. I can't wait to meet them - went to the Dollar Store and bought them a bunch of goofy things. Also hit Powell's bookstore where I luckily found a sale on Dr. Seuss - woohoo. Cat in the Hat, Hop on Pop - a plethora of flashbacks to some of our favorites. Also taking some pictures of Mr. Bitch as a little one, I think they'll get a kick out of that...

Early morning tomorrow - good night for now.
Confused daffodils
Driveway

Doubt we'll see any Buddha's over there with snow on them

No comments:

Post a Comment